Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing and Outlook email issues after 11.3 MacOS update

I am using a MacBook Pro 2019 edition and updated to MacOS 11.3 at the moment of release. Two immediate issues after update.

1. Microsoft Outlook is no longer able to send email for an IMAP account using SSL SMTP. I have multiple IMAP email accounts and this is affecting all the IMAP accounts. If you disable SSL on the SMTP settings emails can be be randomly sent but the recipient receives the email in a strange MIME character format. I also have a Microsoft Exhange email account and this is unaffected by the problem.
  2. Printing to my home Canon G6040 is no longer working. The print queue hangs and the printing output is incomplete. Pages are only being partially printed and with strange characters.

I have upgraded to 11.3.1 but still the problem is persisting.

Similar problems on my MacBook Air 2015 edition.

Anyone else seeing this and will I have to wait for the next MacOS update for a resolution?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 16, 2021 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 1:26 PM

Hello,

The Canon G6040 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it can be used without drivers when connected to a network. See also the following guide from Canon Europe: https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/ .

The printer can use a wireless connection to a network (Wi-Fi router), or Ethernet.

If necessary, you could try resetting the printing system and re-adding the G6040 (as an AirPrint printer).

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 1:26 PM in response to asimwh

Hello,

The Canon G6040 is mentioned in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it can be used without drivers when connected to a network. See also the following guide from Canon Europe: https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/ .

The printer can use a wireless connection to a network (Wi-Fi router), or Ethernet.

If necessary, you could try resetting the printing system and re-adding the G6040 (as an AirPrint printer).

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

May 17, 2021 2:57 AM in response to asimwh

Thank you for the information. I guess that the connection is via a Wi-Fi router in infrastructure mode (that is, not a direct wireless connection from Mac to printer). If so, just for a test, what kind of results are you getting if you print to the G6040 via the same router from an iPhone or iPad (AirPrint, without any extra app from the printer manufacturer)?

Printing and Outlook email issues after 11.3 MacOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.