Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam Emails Sent Via Text

Over the past few weeks I've been receiving anywhere from 4 to 12 group text messages (via Messages) that come from constantly-changing email addresses. Under Messages Settings I have turned off MMS messaging and turned on Filter Unknown Senders, but I continue to receive these messages.

Any other suggestions?

Posted on May 16, 2021 11:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 9:56 AM

Hey there, Rob!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're seeing an increase in spam messages on your iPhone. We'll be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction!

We recommend using the steps found in the support article below to help with blocking and reporting messages on your iPhone:

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

"To report spam or junk messages you receive with SMS or MMS, contact your carrier."

All the best.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Rob Morris

Hey there, Rob!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! We understand you're seeing an increase in spam messages on your iPhone. We'll be happy to help get you pointed in the right direction!

We recommend using the steps found in the support article below to help with blocking and reporting messages on your iPhone:

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

"To report spam or junk messages you receive with SMS or MMS, contact your carrier."

All the best.

Spam Emails Sent Via Text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.