Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

malware traffic.outbrain.com

On my iphone7 for the past one week I witnessed traffic.outbrain.com continuously using my device (24 hrs a day), initially I thought it might some iphone background app. But now I realize it seems to be some kind of virus.

Can anyone help me in removing this "virus".

As an immediate measure I have reduced this app time to 1 minute per day.

I have installed duckduckgo as web browser.

I have deleted history from safari and also rebooted my phone.

Request help in this regard.

iPhone 7

Posted on May 16, 2021 9:31 PM

1 reply

May 17, 2021 3:48 PM in response to apar67

Hello apar67,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. From our understanding, there is an unrecognized app or website on your iPhone 7, and we'd like to assist.

First, this sounds like a website, and clearing your Safari web history was a great step. We also suggest clearing cache and cookies, and enabling Fraudulent Website Warning in Settings > Safari. Here's a visual guide:

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

On the other hand, if you've discovered that this is an app installed on your iPhone, we recommend searching for the app in Search, then deleting it by touching and holding the app, then tapping Remove app > Delete App. These support documents explain how:

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Additionally, consider if anyone else has access to your device or Apple ID who might have installed the app. If that doesn't seem to be the case, and if this doesn't appear related to a suspicious website as we've explained above, then you might consider resetting your Apple ID. If you do reset it, be sure to change your password everywhere you use it:

Change your Apple ID password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

malware traffic.outbrain.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.