You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want my two computers to sync - MacBook Pro

I have an old laptop and my NEW laptop keeps syncing up with the old one and it is crashing. I don't want them to sync. Anyone know how to stop it. I logged on and one site said go to START? I can't even find a START.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 11:12 PM

You aren't going to find "Start" on a MacBook, that is going to be something that you'll find on a Windows computer. What you want to do is go to the "Apple" in the upper left-hand corner, then go to System Preferences. Once that window opens up, next to your Apple ID information at the top section of the window, click on where it says "Apple ID" and has the picture of the Apple. Once in there under iCloud, you can choose there what you want to sync.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2021 11:12 PM in response to FISH_TYPO

You aren't going to find "Start" on a MacBook, that is going to be something that you'll find on a Windows computer. What you want to do is go to the "Apple" in the upper left-hand corner, then go to System Preferences. Once that window opens up, next to your Apple ID information at the top section of the window, click on where it says "Apple ID" and has the picture of the Apple. Once in there under iCloud, you can choose there what you want to sync.

I don't want my two computers to sync - MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.