Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing apple notes from time machine

Recently scanned some greeting cards I wanted to keep using Apple Notes and did a back up on Time Machine on Mac as I want an extra back up to ensure I never lose them. When I entered the Time Machine I couldn't find how to access notes. It shows up under applications if I go in as at today's date but when I click on it, nothing happens. If I go in at yesterday's date (when I backed up) it doesn't show under applications at all. Know I'm not tech savvy but am I wrong in thinking my notes should have backed up and be on the disk and if so, how do I access them? Would be so grateful for some answers and easy to follow advice!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 17, 2021 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 6:40 AM

Are Notes being backed up to iCloud under Apple menu -> System Preferences -> iCloud

If not, then that will allow you to share your notes with your iDevices that also sync with iCloud.

Similar questions

4 replies

Accessing apple notes from time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.