Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export text messages from just one person... from my computer to my iPhone...?

I accidentally deleted an entire conversation of text messages on my iPhone from one person. I turned off wifi on my mac so I am able to see the deleted conversation thread on my mac. Is there any way to get just this one conversation from my computer and put it back on my iPhone?

I don't want to restore from an old iPhone backup because the backup is from more than one day ago. I don't want to lose the text messages since then.

The mac where I can see the conversation is an 2017 MacBook Pro running Mojave Version 10.14.6.

Posted on May 17, 2021 2:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2021 2:28 PM

mjadse wrote:

I accidentally deleted an entire conversation of text messages on my iPhone from one person. I turned off wifi on my mac so I am able to see the deleted conversation thread on my mac. Is there any way to get just this one conversation from my computer and put it back on my iPhone?

I don't want to restore from an old iPhone backup because the backup is from more than one day ago. I don't want to lose the text messages since then.

The mac where I can see the conversation is an 2017 MacBook Pro running Mojave Version 10.14.6.

No your only option is a restore from backup.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2021 2:28 PM in response to mjadse

mjadse wrote:

No your only option is a restore from backup.

Export text messages from just one person... from my computer to my iPhone...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.