You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skin irritation only with apple watch series 3

Good day to all!

I would like to know if anyone has the same problem as mine. Kindly find attached my photo. Im cleaning the band very carefully with antibacterial soap and lot of water before use and same still happening. I had bought apple watch series 1 and i did not had any problem ever. The skin appears irritation and seems like a light burn. Also a close friend of mine has the same problem.

Awaiting your comments!

Apple Watch, watchOS 4

Posted on May 17, 2021 3:00 PM

5 replies

May 19, 2021 5:59 AM in response to mariella22

Some people can have mild to severe skin reactions to silicone ( fluoroelastomeric ) bands.

This is common.

Solid silicone bands have no breathability and many things can build up and stay on the inside of the band causing skin irritations and rashing.

A way to avoid this is to wash silicone bands more regularly to get rid of any dirt and surface skin moisture ( sweat ) from building up on the inside of the band.

OR

Simply choose a different style watch band that has some air breathability to it, like any open loop style bands or leather bands for your Watch.

Good Luck to You!

Skin irritation only with apple watch series 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.