Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.3.1 on MacBook Pro, Apple Music can't delete from playlist.

I've tried both: deleting song from library or from playlist only. I get the usual "are you sure?" warning, but the song doesn't go away.

It doesn't matter if I press the Delete Key, or Command/Delete, or use the triple-dots or the top line menu, the result is the same. Not only does nothing delete, but I don't get the option to delete from playlist only. It used to be so easy in previous MacOS versions.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 17, 2021 6:50 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 18, 2021 1:04 PM in response to DougRoth

Hello DougRoth,

We understand that you're running into an issue deleting songs from a playlist, and we'd like to provide some information.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Does this happen when you try to delete any songs from your library or playlist, or only specific songs?
  2. Are you using these steps to try and delete songs in your Mac? Delete songs and other items in Music on Mac If so, is the song removed after emptying the Trash?
  3. Does the issue continue after restarting your Mac? Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac

In the meantime, you can find more information about removing songs and editing playlists here: Create, edit, and delete playlists in Music on Mac

Thanks!

Big Sur 11.3.1 on MacBook Pro, Apple Music can't delete from playlist.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.