Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes locked in a song

iTunes no longer works.

When I open it it stays for a couple of seconds but then moves to the background.

I double-press the central button and I can see iTunes, and it is stuck on a song and won't play.

Restarted three times to no avail.

When it starts up all software buttons are unresponsive. All I did was leave iTunes in the background stopped on that song for a couple of days.

Do I have to delete iTunes and lose all the data - for now it no longer works.

iPhone 6 plus, ios 12.5.2

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 17, 2021 10:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 10:50 AM

Problem solved.

As strange it may sound. I just did a few restarts - didn't work.

I let the phone simply sit in airplane mode overnight, basically letting it sleep.

Before you hit your forehead with hour flat hand in an understandable motion : this worked. When I opened iTunes I quickly went to Playlists and was able to open one and start a song.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 10:50 AM in response to Ocean 17

Problem solved.

As strange it may sound. I just did a few restarts - didn't work.

I let the phone simply sit in airplane mode overnight, basically letting it sleep.

Before you hit your forehead with hour flat hand in an understandable motion : this worked. When I opened iTunes I quickly went to Playlists and was able to open one and start a song.

iTunes locked in a song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.