Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stolen iPad

My iPad automatically logs onto my email. It was taken and I don’t know the serial number. How do I get my email off or log off

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 17, 2021 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 1:41 AM

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost.

You should note that your ability to remotely manage the iPad itself are limited. As for your concern about access to your email or other locally data, unless the the iPad Passcode is known to anyone else, your data should be inaccessible.

iOS/iPadOS devices use an encrypted filesystem; unless the Passcode is entered, data remains fully encrypted.

If you are concerned, changing your email account Password via your email provider’s web portal is recommended. After changing your account password(s), you will obviously need to change the account settings on each of the devices that remain in your control.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2021 1:41 AM in response to jina82

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

Facilities to manage/recover a lost or stolen device are predicated on Find My iPad being enabled on the device before it was lost.

You should note that your ability to remotely manage the iPad itself are limited. As for your concern about access to your email or other locally data, unless the the iPad Passcode is known to anyone else, your data should be inaccessible.

iOS/iPadOS devices use an encrypted filesystem; unless the Passcode is entered, data remains fully encrypted.

If you are concerned, changing your email account Password via your email provider’s web portal is recommended. After changing your account password(s), you will obviously need to change the account settings on each of the devices that remain in your control.

May 17, 2021 11:07 PM in response to jina82

jina82 Said:

"Stolen iPad: My iPad automatically logs onto my email. It was taken and I don’t know the serial number. How do I get my email off or log off"

-------

Three Thoughts:

A. To Get the Serial Number:

Click your iPad, and view the Serial Number:

Go Here: Check your Apple ID Device List to See where you're Signed in - Apple Support

B. To Locate it And Save your Data:

Use this site to locate your device and learn how to secure your data.

Go Here: Use the Find My app to Locate a Missing Device or Item - Apple Support

C. Modify your Credentials:

Someone is trying to get into your eMail account. So, log in to your eMail provider, and see if you can remove this device from your list of traced devices. Contact your eMail Provider about how to do so. You should most certainly open, and then use, a new eMail account, and assign it to your Apple Account.

Stolen iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.