Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to install Rosetta 2 on my Mac Mini with M1 chip to import .mov files into Adobe Photoshop

Do I need to install Rosetta 2 on my Mac Mini with M1 chip to import .mov files into Adobe Photoshop

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on May 18, 2021 8:05 AM

3 replies

May 18, 2021 3:27 PM in response to nak2022

Here’s the thing about Rosetta 2. You don't have to worry about things like this. If what you are doing requires Rosetta 2 to work you will automatically get a prompt to install it. Rosetta 2 is not an app. It has no icon to launch. It works in the background.

As for Adobe Photoshop if you will be trying to use an older version that is not 64bit compatible nothing will make it work on an M1 Mac, period, Rosetta 2 or not. On an M1 Mac it will almost be imperative that you are using the very latest version of Photoshop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.