Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wife’s airtag giving me constant alerts

I am getting daily security alerts that a “air tag is following me“, however, it’s my wife’s. Whenever we ride in a vehicle together for a while, I get a daily alert. When I hit “ignore” the alert, it only gives me the option to ignore it for the day. I don’t want to ignore her air tag for only the day. I want to ignore it indefinitely, but this is not an option. Every day I have to press “ignore for a day” when I am alerted. What about my wife’s coworkers? Will they also have to press “ignore for a day” , everyday, for the rest of their career? What about people that she takes public transportation with , etc. this seems like a big problem. What if there are 35 airtags next to me in a subway car everyday that I commute to work.

Posted on May 18, 2021 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2021 7:26 PM

I always appreciate when customer service doesn’t actually read the issue and just blindly submits useless help like a robot.

Similar questions

10 replies

May 19, 2021 11:45 AM in response to firemediclex

Hello firemediclex.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that you need help turning off AirTag alerts. We will be glad to assist.

Let's try the following steps to turn off Safety Alerts indefinitely:

1. "Tap the message.
  2. Tap Continue. If you need help finding the AirTag, tap Play Sound.* 
  3. If the AirTag is attached to an item you're borrowing, you can tap Pause Safety Alerts to turn off "AirTag Detected" notifications for one day. If you're borrowing an AirTag from a member of your Family Sharing group, you can turn off Safety Alerts for one day or indefinitely. "

What to do if you find an AirTag or get an alert that an AirTag is with you 

Cheers.

Jun 20, 2021 6:31 AM in response to firemediclex

If it is also travel long with you, no one will get an alert. If it is not traveling with you, someone should get an alert is traveling with them for a a few hours. Initially it took a much longer period of time but their were a lot of “backlash” press stories about how easy it was for someone to stalk someone else for a couple days until Apple changed the period of time.

With that said, I don’t see any advantages to keeping your wife off your family group. Shared iCoud storage, shared Pritchard, shared subscriptions,etc. What am I unaware of to keep her off your family sharing?

Wife’s airtag giving me constant alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.