Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Permanently Turn Off My Wife's Airtag Alert?

How do I permanently disable Airtag notices from people I know or permenantly turn off the Airtag alert notices altogether?

I don't want to be able to disable it for just one hour.

These notices are becoming very intrusive, particularly in Manhattan when I am on a subway or just happen to be walking multiple blocks with the same people.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 3:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 9:09 PM

Hi michailfromhackettstown,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: How do I permanently disable Airtag notices from people I know or permenantly turn off the Airtag alert notices altogether

Am no expert on AirTags, yet your question surely deserves a response.

Seems only AirTags separated from their owners and in your vicinity should trigger alerts ... I may be wrong.

Apple support has a video online that may help with AirTags moving with you.:

Although it is called "How to locate an unknown AirTag moving with you on iPhone" the video may give some tips that can also apply to "known" AirTags as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGh7-IuPRR4

Eg: Says

"You'll receive a notification as long as you have location services and bluetooth turned on in settings, and tracking notifications turned on in Notifications".

and

When you find an AirTag is moving with you:

"You can tap "Pause Safety Alerts" to stop receiving alerts".

Also: "You can tap "Instructions to Disable AirTag" and follow the onscreen instructions" (That seems a fairly drastic move though!)

So seems turning off either or all of:

location services,

bluetooth,

and /or tracking notifications .... may just do the trick.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

An online article:

What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you

Eg: says: "If your device is in airplane mode, you won't receive tracking notifications."

So if you want to keep the other settings set, an easy way may be to use airplane mode while the offending AirTag is nearby.

If you wish, you may want to send Feedback to Apple on this issue:

They will likely not reply, yet your info. will reach those who can make changes. If others are having the same difficulty, and also let Apple know, it may assist in seeing updates/ improvements come into effect.

Online web-form for feedback:

Feedback - AirTag - Apple

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 7, 2023 9:09 PM in response to michailfromhackettstown

Hi michailfromhackettstown,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community!

Re: How do I permanently disable Airtag notices from people I know or permenantly turn off the Airtag alert notices altogether

Am no expert on AirTags, yet your question surely deserves a response.

Seems only AirTags separated from their owners and in your vicinity should trigger alerts ... I may be wrong.

Apple support has a video online that may help with AirTags moving with you.:

Although it is called "How to locate an unknown AirTag moving with you on iPhone" the video may give some tips that can also apply to "known" AirTags as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGh7-IuPRR4

Eg: Says

"You'll receive a notification as long as you have location services and bluetooth turned on in settings, and tracking notifications turned on in Notifications".

and

When you find an AirTag is moving with you:

"You can tap "Pause Safety Alerts" to stop receiving alerts".

Also: "You can tap "Instructions to Disable AirTag" and follow the onscreen instructions" (That seems a fairly drastic move though!)

So seems turning off either or all of:

location services,

bluetooth,

and /or tracking notifications .... may just do the trick.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

An online article:

What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you

Eg: says: "If your device is in airplane mode, you won't receive tracking notifications."

So if you want to keep the other settings set, an easy way may be to use airplane mode while the offending AirTag is nearby.

If you wish, you may want to send Feedback to Apple on this issue:

They will likely not reply, yet your info. will reach those who can make changes. If others are having the same difficulty, and also let Apple know, it may assist in seeing updates/ improvements come into effect.

Online web-form for feedback:

Feedback - AirTag - Apple

All the best :-)

How Do I Permanently Turn Off My Wife's Airtag Alert?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.