You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange Account: Unable to verify account information

My hotmail on the mail app on my iPhone 8 stopped working (failed to connect to server) so I deleted it to re-add it and now I can't re-add it, I just get "Exchange Account: Unable to verify account information".

Here are the steps I am following:

1. Settings
  2. Mail
  3. Accounts
  4. Add Account
  5. Microsoft Exchange
  6. Email: entering my email address
  7. Next
  8. Sign In
  9. Password: entering my password (triple checked it's correct - works elsewhere)

Forced into configure manually..

1. Username: entering my email address
  2. Next
  3. Server: entering outlook.office365.com
  4. Next
  5. Exchange Account: Unable to verify account information

Please help - this is a reoccurring problem - once every few weeks so really annoying but normally I'm able to add it back no problem.

iPhone 8

Posted on May 18, 2021 11:52 AM

2 replies

May 18, 2021 1:35 PM in response to Caz6Caz6

Caz6Caz6 wrote:

1. My hotmail on the mail app on my iPhone 8 stopped working (failed to connect to server) so I deleted it to re-add it and now I can't re-add it, I just get "Exchange Account: Unable to verify account information".

Here are the steps I am following:
Settings
2. Mail
3. Accounts
4. Add Account
5. Microsoft Exchange
6. Email: entering my email address
7. Next
8. Sign In
9. Password: entering my password (triple checked it's correct - works elsewhere)
Forced into configure manually..

Username: entering my email address
11. Next
12. Server: entering outlook.office365.com
13. Next
14. Exchange Account: Unable to verify account information
Please help - this is a reoccurring problem - once every few weeks so really annoying but normally I'm able to add it back no problem.

Have you contacted Hotmail or looked at their support site, since they can't verify your account.

Exchange Account: Unable to verify account information

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.