Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get the photo app added to my icloud?

I have an iphone 11 and use a Chromebook. I have an icloud account, but when I try to view my photos, there is no app for photos! Is this because I'm on chrome? How do I remedy?

iPhone 11

Posted on May 18, 2021 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2021 4:28 PM

There are no apps for Google Chrome OS.

You’ll have to use the iCloud website to view your photos from a Chromebook, or use the iPhone or another Apple device.

Here is how to set up and use iCloud Photos: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

2 replies

May 18, 2021 4:30 PM in response to ChromeIssue

Have you turned on iCloud Photos on your phone and allowed time for the photos to sync to iCloud? See the following from Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap iCloud.
  3. Tap Photos, then turn on iCloud Photos.

If you do that, you should be able to log into the same Apple ID at www.icloud.com using Chrome and view the photos there.

Note that you cannot view the contents of iCloud Backup at icloud.com -- iCloud Backup and iCloud Photos are not the same thing.

how do I get the photo app added to my icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.