Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro shuts down “low battery” when fully charged

I was having issue of my iPad Pro shutting down when fully charged showing low battery. It seemed to stopped after a certain update a while back. More recently it has started again, after the last update I am guessing.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 2nd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on May 19, 2021 2:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 3:45 AM

This is the second time this has happened this year. Forced restart did not correct the situation. I could not use my iPad, it would turn on and was at 100% but shut right down showing red low battery signal. I followed tip from community and turned off Blue Tooth and turned off wi-if and put on Airplane Mode. Used the iPad for a few minutes with all turned off and then turned on Bluetooth first on its own and then turned wifi on then took off airplane mode and now iPad has been working perfectly again. Why does this work? I don’t believe there is anything wrong with my battery. I have used my iPad Pro for a number of years with no issues, only the last year this started to happen and both times the procedure mentioned above fixed it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 3:45 AM in response to LotusPilot

This is the second time this has happened this year. Forced restart did not correct the situation. I could not use my iPad, it would turn on and was at 100% but shut right down showing red low battery signal. I followed tip from community and turned off Blue Tooth and turned off wi-if and put on Airplane Mode. Used the iPad for a few minutes with all turned off and then turned on Bluetooth first on its own and then turned wifi on then took off airplane mode and now iPad has been working perfectly again. Why does this work? I don’t believe there is anything wrong with my battery. I have used my iPad Pro for a number of years with no issues, only the last year this started to happen and both times the procedure mentioned above fixed it.

May 19, 2021 2:08 AM in response to Seriously56

Start with a forced-restart of your iPad - as this will often resolve an isolated problem:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Next, if no improvement is seen…:

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

It is possible that your battery may require replacement. Assuming that the iPad remains functional, you would be well advised to directly contact Apple Support - and request a remote battery test. The result of the test may better inform your next steps.

You will find the Contact Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can open a support case using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

As a further alternative, you might visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - where the technicians will be able to test and assess you iPad.

IPad Pro shuts down “low battery” when fully charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.