Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Trade in

I'm thinking of trading up my iPhone 8 and I've read through Apple's trade up page, however I have a couple of questions if anyone can help? I understand I can either take the trade up device to an Apple Store or return it via post/courier

If I take it to an Apple Store, how does that work in these current COVID times? Do they have a drop off point or would I need to book an appointment?

If I decide to use the post/courier option, do I have to arrange my own courier & insurance, or do Apple offer a service where a courier will collect from my house?

I know this would probably be clear once I order the new device and specify trade up, but it would be good for me to know up front.

Thanks in advance..

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on May 19, 2021 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 9:51 AM

To get more information about the "Apple Trade In" service click on the link --> https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

- Read the FAQ at the very bottom.

3 replies

May 20, 2021 9:22 AM in response to gillw7246

The answers are there, just not directly as you ask them.

Apple sends you packaging, or at least that's what I understand from the FAQ. "Follow the instructions included in your trade-in kit. It explains how to prepare, pack, and ship your device." I suspect Apple cannot be more specific in a help article because it may depend upon where you live and if a shipper will collect or they use one for your location who does not pick up. You need to call Apple with your personal information and ask.

As for in-store service: "Whether you’re making a purchase or not, we’ve made it easy to trade in an eligible device either in a store or online. Just answer a few questions regarding the brand, model, and condition of your device. We’ll provide an estimated trade-in value or a simple way to recycle it.

If you accept the trade-in estimate in the store, we’ll give you instant credit toward a purchase or a gift card you can use anytime."

You would need to make an appointment since I believe most stores are in a reduced in-person service mode during the pandemic. Because they are doing a valuation in-store it isn't just a matter of running in, dropping it off, and running away again.

iPhone Trade in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.