Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Online Trade In Process Questions

Hiya, I have a few questions about the trade-in process:

• When does the box that you put your old device in arrive? I know on the webpage that it says you have 14 days, but does that mean from the day you place the order, or from the day you receive your new device?
  • What carrier does the online trade-in process use and how long does it take to get a quote back?
  • Not necessary, but what's been your experience with online trade-in?

I know the trade-in process is in a few countries, but I'm looking for the input from those based in the USA/California for this

Thank you!

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2022 7:51 AM

2014fn wrote:

• Hiya, I have a few questions about the trade-in process:

When does the box that you put your old device in arrive? I know on the webpage that it says you have 14 days, but does that mean from the day you place the order, or from the day you receive your new device?
• What carrier does the online trade-in process use and how long does it take to get a quote back?

I know the trade-in process is in a few countries, but I'm looking for the input from those based in the USA/California for this

Thank you!

Trade-in is third party—

see the FAQ for more info: Apple Trade In - Apple

The box arrives when it arrives, say within the week.

Quotes are done on-line, after you send it in you get a confirmation on the quote.

The 14 days start when you receive the box, the only limit to the 14 days is the on-line quoted price and this being used against the total cost of the new machine. This trade in quote/value is subject to final inspection no matter what anyway.

Even if you do not return the box with in the 14 days to be applied to the new purchase, you receive a giftcard for the same value that can be be used after the purchase.

Different carriers are used, so no specific carrier can be named.

I will say with delays in shipping being witnessed, it is unrealistic to think your new Mac will arrive with the same 14 day window.

According to the FAQ notebook computers can be traded in at the Apple store directly. If the Mac happens to be in stock at the Apple store—this would be the ideal situation. Call your local store for corroboration on this over the counter trade-in is applicable at your local store.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2022 7:51 AM in response to 2014fn

2014fn wrote:

• Hiya, I have a few questions about the trade-in process:

When does the box that you put your old device in arrive? I know on the webpage that it says you have 14 days, but does that mean from the day you place the order, or from the day you receive your new device?

Thank you!

Trade-in is third party—

see the FAQ for more info: Apple Trade In - Apple

The box arrives when it arrives, say within the week.

Quotes are done on-line, after you send it in you get a confirmation on the quote.

The 14 days start when you receive the box, the only limit to the 14 days is the on-line quoted price and this being used against the total cost of the new machine. This trade in quote/value is subject to final inspection no matter what anyway.

Even if you do not return the box with in the 14 days to be applied to the new purchase, you receive a giftcard for the same value that can be be used after the purchase.

Different carriers are used, so no specific carrier can be named.

I will say with delays in shipping being witnessed, it is unrealistic to think your new Mac will arrive with the same 14 day window.

According to the FAQ notebook computers can be traded in at the Apple store directly. If the Mac happens to be in stock at the Apple store—this would be the ideal situation. Call your local store for corroboration on this over the counter trade-in is applicable at your local store.

Mar 14, 2022 8:02 AM in response to 2014fn

Just a side note as I have been watching delivery issues with interest:

In suburban Boston, USA, NO M1 Macs are shown as available to be delivered literally in-store at any of the handful of stores in this wider geographic area.

Instead, there is a "pool" (of mostly base models) available to ALL Apple-owned Stores in the area, and you must pay an additional US$9 for two-hour-delivery (from an unspecified location) to your home or office.

Online Trade In Process Questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.