Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wanting to replace Outlook with the Mail app, but when I draft a new email I don't have access to my office directory.

Is there a way to connect the Mail app to the directory of my workplace?

When I draft a new email, I want to have access to my workplace directory. Everyone else uses Outlook, but I find it cumbersome and slow. Is there anyway that I can afford having to manually add every single contact?

Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 19, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2021 1:14 PM

Is it an Exchange account?

If you are connected to it via Exchange Server, you should be able to get the contacts, too.

If you already have the account added in Internet Accounts, edit it there and check the box for Contacts.

If it isn't offered, then you'd have to ask your IT department if the address book is hosted for external access.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2021 1:14 PM in response to SoundersFC

Is it an Exchange account?

If you are connected to it via Exchange Server, you should be able to get the contacts, too.

If you already have the account added in Internet Accounts, edit it there and check the box for Contacts.

If it isn't offered, then you'd have to ask your IT department if the address book is hosted for external access.

Wanting to replace Outlook with the Mail app, but when I draft a new email I don't have access to my office directory.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.