Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

logitech doorbell keeps going offline

Hello,

I have installed the logitech circle view camera and it keeps going offline for long periods of time (up to 3 days). My internet connection is not the issue. I previously had a ring doorbell installed with no issues. How can I troubleshoot this issue? I hate not having a reliable doorbell. Thanks!

HomePod mini

Posted on May 19, 2021 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 6:40 AM

This is not a new problem. It isn't a Homekit problem, since I have lots of other homekit devices. Unfortunately it is an issue with the Logitech Circle View cameras. BTW.. I have 3 of them, all have the same issue. Terribly unreliable. Very sad.. Now I am looking for a reliable outdoor camera with homekit compatibility.

The fact that Apple promotes this product on their website is unfortunate

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 6:40 AM in response to pharm2015

This is not a new problem. It isn't a Homekit problem, since I have lots of other homekit devices. Unfortunately it is an issue with the Logitech Circle View cameras. BTW.. I have 3 of them, all have the same issue. Terribly unreliable. Very sad.. Now I am looking for a reliable outdoor camera with homekit compatibility.

The fact that Apple promotes this product on their website is unfortunate

May 20, 2021 12:45 PM in response to pharm2015

Hi pharm2015,

Thanks for reaching out using Apple Support Communities. Here to help.

We understand you've been experiencing disconnections from your Logitech Circle View doorbell camera. Since this doorbell operates through HomeKit, we have some suggestions.

First, it is important to make sure your Apple devices are up to date, especially the device designated as your home hub. Home hub is a device that will remain connected to your home network in order to maintain a connection to HomeKit accessories such as your doorbell. If you don't have a home hub set up yet, the article below will walk you through it. If you do have a home hub set up, make sure it is up to date!

Set up your HomePod, HomePod mini, Apple TV, or iPad as a home hub

Next, you may wish to find out if there are status lights on the doorbell indicating the reason for the offline status. Linked below is the FAQ from Logitech regarding their Circle View doorbell camera. See the section labeled 'What do the Status LED indicators on the Circle View Doorbell mean?' as this may assist in troubleshooting.

FAQs - Circle View Doorbell

Hope this helps! Support from Logitech can also be found at the link above.

Take care for now!

May 22, 2021 8:33 AM in response to i_rina

Thank you for the detailed response. I have two apple TVs and a homepod mini. My AppleTVs are set to automatically update and I confirmed they are both up to date. I looked through the FAQs and didn't find anything that would make sense. If I'm home next time it goes offline I will try to look at the doorbell for any status lights. Just disappointing at this point I don't have a reliable device.

Jun 11, 2021 7:31 AM in response to pharm2015

The problem is not that the camera overheats in the sun. IMO any camera in hot weather in direct sunlight will probably have trouble.

The problem is that the camera goes on line and off line even in balmy weather.

This problem (goes on and off line all the time) is all over the internet.

My camera has not gone off line for five days. Previously, it would go on and off line 30 times per day. Here's my solution.

I am not sure of the exact cause of the problem. But I am pretty confident of the solution. I disconnected all the doorbell wiring. I ran just two wires directly from the transformer to the camera. My transformer is rated at 16 VAC, but I measured it and it actually is putting out 21 VAC at the transformer. (You should have more than 16 VAC output because the camera has a higher overheat temperature threshold above 16 VAC.)

I turned off the status light, the night light, and turned off the "Chime Physical Doorbell". Everything fine for 5 days. Temperature got to 90, doorbell in partial shade. Way way better than before.

Now I will start adding the features back in. I am pretty sure the physical doorbell wiring/chime kit was causing the problem.

Jul 4, 2021 12:13 PM in response to Emiko Fritz

So my circle view was acting the same. Disconnecting multiple times a day. No network problem or connecting problem to home hub. Turns out I removed the little box that connects to the transformer and installed the little on that nest included with their nest hello doorbell and haven’t had an issue since. Transformer rated at 16vac.

It seems that this little white box is the main issue.

Jul 18, 2021 3:15 AM in response to pharm2015

Hi Pharm2015,

I bought the same Logitech Circle View Wired Doorbell a few months ago and I had the same issue with you. I just fixed it today! Hopefully, the following comments might help you.

I installed my doorbell by myself. Before installing it, I double-checked my transformer and the chime. The transformer is 16V 10VA and the Logitech doorbell can support my chime. However, after installation, the doorbell kept going offline several times a day. I am 100% sure it was not because of the outdoor temperature (it was closed to 10C outside) or sunlight.

I thought it was because the wireless network connection was bad. So I added more routers. But it didn't work.

It was at the beginning of this June that the doorbell went offline forever. I asked a third-party electrician for help, but he said the smart doorbell is not covered by insurance. It would cost me about 200$ with an extra 75$ for the transformer. The doorbell itself only took me 200$!

I was on my own. Honestly, it was not the first time I thought of the transformer. I double-checked the power consumption of the entire system and found BOTH chime and doorbell need 16V and 10VA of power. As the result, the total power consumption is about (or even more than) 20VA, which must overwhelm the transformer. I bought a 16V 30VA transformer on Amazon and followed a youtube video to replace the old transformer. Eventually, it worked!

SUGGESTION: Please check the voltage and power consumption of your chime. You might need a new transformer with the same voltage but at least 10VA higher power than your chime.

Good luck!

Xiang

Jul 18, 2021 3:45 AM in response to patrickfromtaylors

This comment is in reply to Pharm2015, who had the problem with the circle view camera going offline. Depending on which mount you used make sure you are using the correct screws to mount your camera. If you are using the flat mount make sure you are using the flat head screws and not the round headed screws, because this could keep the Circle View doorbell from making a good connection because the screws will protrude outward direction. Hope this helps.

Aug 14, 2021 8:08 AM in response to RemainUnknown

I am having the same issues. I too was previously a Ring customer for over 2.5 years and never experienced these types of issues.

I replaced my Logitech Doorbell camera, however I am still experiencing intermittent offline issues. The doorbell is within a few feet of my wireless router, thereby I don’t necessarily believe it’s a connectivity issue.

One thing that I did do after replacing my doorbell camera is set an activity zone to limit the amount of recordings/notifications. This appears to have helped some, considering I haven’t experienced an offline period greater than a few minutes. Previously, the camera would remain offline for days.

Sep 9, 2021 5:34 AM in response to pharm2015

I had the same problem. Tried all the uninstall/ reinstall fixes, bought a WiFi extender, reboots on network, everything anyone suggested.

Finally fixed it. It’s the transformer. It’s not the voltage it’s the amps. I had a working 16V/10A transformer which is supposed to work but I figured I’d try so I got a 16V/30A transformer and it has been back online without a single drop out, offline issue ever since. Over a week now which I never had in the months and months before the swap.

Sep 9, 2021 5:49 AM in response to ksb729

@ksb729 - Thanks for the info. I will speak with my electrician today. I am not certain which voltage transformer I have installed. While patiently awaiting a HomeKit doorbell, I had a Ring doorbell for over 2.5 years. At the time of the Ring doorbell installation, a new transformer was installed and I didn't have any issues with the Ring doorbell going on and off line.

I will also mention - Logitech replaced my doorbell. After installing the replacement doorbell, I also created an activity zone to reduce the amount of recordings. The doorbell tends to be much cooler and I have only experienced a handful of intermittent offline situations for several months now.

Sep 23, 2021 7:30 AM in response to pharm2015

Not sure if this is just a coincidence, but since I updated to iOS 15 and all my home hub devices (Apple TV and a couple HomePods), I haven’t had any issues with my doorbell camera going offline all the time. It literally hasn’t happened once, but it used to happen like 10+ times a day and I had similar issues where it would disconnect for multiple days and never reconnect. I know that some stability improvements have been made, so I’m hoping that’s why it’s working. It would be a huge relief to know it was just a HomeKit issue rather than an issue with the hardware of the doorbell or something else.

Sep 25, 2021 8:17 AM in response to David L. Zwang

The day the iOS update dropped (before installing it)all of my cameras simultaneously went offline and stayed offline even after the update.

I have a Logitech Circle View Doorbell camera and two EufyCam 2 Pro’s outside. Both Eufy cameras are visible and functioning perfectly in the Eufy app.

Updating to iOS 15 didn’t solve my issues. All firmware is up to date on all devices.

the cameras will occasionally go offline for long periods of time for no reason in the Home app and come back after many hours for short periods of time.

Prior to this past week, I never experienced these issues. None of my other devices are having these issues (door locks, lights, HomePods) and it is incredibly frustrating.

The only other change I made was upgrading to AT&T fiber and installing a Eero mesh network in my home a week before my issues started.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

logitech doorbell keeps going offline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.