Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fixing re-imported but BROKEN iTunes playlists in Apple Music app?

I followed suggestions and successfully re-imported my iTunes playlists into Catalina's superbly stunted Apple Music app. But strangely, most of my Audio Books and Voice Memo Audio recordings now occupy my painstakingly curated Manual and Smart music playlists, not the home-burned MP3 albums and songs that I had built the lists with.

Worth noting here that these are NOT downloaded or cloud-based purchased songs from Apple, so merely re-downloading them into Music app is not possible. I'm not a coder but wonder if the playlists use or have lost ID tags used in Apple's scheme, not the actual names of music content.

> Does ANYONE know of any script, method or third-party software that can help re-import iTunes Playlists while retaining their original content better than Apple Music does, or software that will re-link music MP3s to iTunes playlists within OSX 10.15.x Apple Music App?

> Would uploading my whole 80gb hand-burned music collection in the Apple Cloud prior to upgrading to Catalina have solved the problem? I tend to doubt it.

> I would rather not revert to Mojave just to have my beloved iTunes setup if there is ANY way to restore iTunes playlists to original functionality within Apple Music.

Based on the legions of disgruntled Apple customers who lost their highly curated collections, I'm hoping someone has engineered a backdoor solution.

Thanks for any tried and true advice.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 20, 2021 10:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 9:44 AM

Exported playlists are generally ordered lists of absolute file paths. If the paths differ between the system where they were exported and that where you want to do the import then the files won't be at the expected paths and won't import. It may be possible to perform a search and replace operation to prepare the playlist for import.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 9:44 AM in response to creativepaddler55

Exported playlists are generally ordered lists of absolute file paths. If the paths differ between the system where they were exported and that where you want to do the import then the files won't be at the expected paths and won't import. It may be possible to perform a search and replace operation to prepare the playlist for import.

tt2

Fixing re-imported but BROKEN iTunes playlists in Apple Music app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.