Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can other people’s AirTags still ping off my iPhone?

If I opt my phone out of the “Find” Network, can other people’s Airtags still ping off my phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 20, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 12:57 AM

Here’s what to do if an AirTag is with you inappropriately.

What to do if you find an AirTag or get an alert that an AirTag is with you - Apple Support

7 replies

May 20, 2021 10:02 PM in response to sberman

My concern here is that if you feel unsafe or know somebody who would use a tracker like an airtag on you, it would be nice to be able to stop your iPhone from essentially giving your abuser your updated location by turning off your Find My network. The abuser will have the “last seen” location of course but that’s OK since it isn’t real time. Of course, the Airtag may still use other’s iPhones nearby to give it a real-time location but simply being able to opt-out your phone from the network completely would a step in the right direction and make it harder for the stalker, especially if the they are trying to track you by slipping one in your car or something. Apple needs to up it’s anti-stalking features and it needs to make “unknown airtag with you” notifications available on Android devices and co-develop it with Google like they did with the Covid notification crap because nobody should be more at physical risk than others simply because they have a different OS. Airtags are excellent products and a wonderful idea but with their minuscule anti-stalking features, they are also a serious threat to domestic abuse victims among others. And 3 days for an unknown Airtag to make a noise is insane. In real life, it’s likely if someone is tracking you, they would’ve already been to where your location well before 3 days. That’s BS imho.

May 20, 2021 5:44 PM in response to sberman

oh wow, that needs to change. That’s terrible for privacy and frankly, enabling your phone to fully opt-out of Airtag services would tremendously help prevent stalking. I like the ideas of Airtags and they’ll never be 100 percent private but it shocks me that all iPhone users are forced into the program. Plus Apple needs to collaborate with Google to make “traveling with you” notifications available for Android users. Airtags are going to be used for domestic abusers and stalkers constantly, I’m sure of it. As someone who has been stalked before, it would be nice to disable my phone from “pinging” airtags and other trackers if I feel unsafe, especially considering the “traveling with you” simply takes too long to show up and 3 days for a noise to appear is unacceptable.

Can other people’s AirTags still ping off my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.