Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is mail always sending messages and re-sending emails already send and also not sending out emails it is suppose to send?

I have sync my office outlook email on to my Macs mail. It is always sending messages? Although I have no idea what it is sending. It takes forever to send out an email and it doesn't sync properly. I would be getter emails hours later or the next day. Sometimes it would send the same email out multiple times? Why is this happening??

iMac 27″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 20, 2021 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 7:23 AM

What type of account is it, IMAP or something else?

Which end is re-sending?

On the end using Mail.app...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2021 7:23 AM in response to jsmelw

What type of account is it, IMAP or something else?

Which end is re-sending?

On the end using Mail.app...

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

If you have no POP accounts & they’re all IMAP accounts then in Mail’s Mailbox menu choose Rebuild.

Why is mail always sending messages and re-sending emails already send and also not sending out emails it is suppose to send?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.