Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions enabled but not really

After the recent 14.5.1 update I noticed I couldn’t find Apple News even though I had the widget available. When I would go to open an article I was directed to safari. That then got me thinking what happened to Apple News? So I tried going to the apple store and searching for it and found it. When I tried to open it I got a message pretty much saying I had restrictions enabled. So I double-checked my screen time settings and under content restrictions I confirmed they were off. I then searched through the community and found the answer but couldn’t mark it as helpful so thought I’d make this post with the fix for anyone else having this issue:

Change the region, which was set to US, to UK, waited for the “Changing the Region” prompt to finish, and then changed back to US.

Posted on May 21, 2021 1:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 9:39 AM

Changing the region back and forth fixed the issue even though I never had restrictions enabled. Seems like it was a bug or something. Any way issue is resolved just wanted to post the fix in case anyone else runs into this and is beating their head over it.

Similar questions

3 replies

May 21, 2021 3:00 AM in response to Martin_M31

Before updating to the latest iOS 14.5.1 as told in your post what was your earlier iOS version. Then you can look into the iOS changes that have happened between the earlier version on your iPhone and this new version that you have updated now. 

This will give you a broader idea of the issue if it is directly linked to the iOS version or is triggered by something else.

Restrictions enabled but not really

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.