Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Managing Playlists on iPod Nano with Music app

Hi Folks,

I'm new to Catalina and like the rest of you on this thread, VERY disappointed with what they've done with iTunes. I figured out how to add a Playlist (create one in Music then drag and drop to the iPod) but no way to manage the ones already there. Have you figured out anything new recently? I'm not considering downgrading to Mojave but definitely looking for a new iPod management app, and/or just using iTunes on my Windows 10 computer. Other ideas are welcome!

Steve

PS The Catalina Podcast app is also a pain in the ;:&#&'!""¥ I'm interested in getting a new one of those, too.

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 21, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2021 11:33 PM

Hi,

Does this help Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using your Mac – Apple Support

Jim

Similar questions

4 replies

May 23, 2021 1:27 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Hi again Jim, thanks for your follow-up! As with the previous example, I've already seen and implemented the information on this page.

I should have been more specific, I guess...on my iPod there are quite a number of Playlists which I created there when I was still using iTunes. These don't show up in Finder, so I can't get rid of them or add or delete tracks in them. I can add new Playlists simply by creating them in Music and drag & drop to the iPod in Finder, but doing anything with them after that is apparently impossible.

Same problem with Podcasts--as the individual Shows don't show up in Finder, it's impossible to add or delete individual Episodes from them, which was simple in iTunes. Sync doesn't really help with this: if I want, say, 10 episodes of an educational podcast, and only one of a news podcast, there is apparently no way to manage this. And this kind of situation is not a hypothetical! It was so easy and intuitive in iTunes, which is why it's so irritating that I can't do it with a supposedly more advanced app.

I'm seriously considering giving up Music and Podcasts altogether, and just moving all my files to my Windows computer where I can still use iTunes, at least for the moment...

Managing Playlists on iPod Nano with Music app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.