iTunes alternatives

Since I ended up with MacOs Catalina, I can no longer manage my iPod's playlists. My iPod is an old iPod Classic but works perfectly, so why should I change it? I only use it to while away the night hours while I don't sleep after all. But I'm really annoyed that the current 'Music' app doesn't let me do anything with it any more. Are there any apps out there that can be used as alternatives (MacOs Catalina compatible) that will enable me to alter, add or delete playlists when I plug my ipod into my MacBook Pro? Maybe to add or remove songs too.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 6:29 AM

Are you sure that you can't do anything with your iPod Classic? Starting in Catalina, iPod synchronization moved from iTunes to the Finder. The Music app and the Finder work off the same music database, but if you're looking for synchronization controls in the Music app itself, you could look all day and never find them.

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2023 6:29 AM in response to John the Greek

Are you sure that you can't do anything with your iPod Classic? Starting in Catalina, iPod synchronization moved from iTunes to the Finder. The Music app and the Finder work off the same music database, but if you're looking for synchronization controls in the Music app itself, you could look all day and never find them.

What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your Mac - Apple Support

iTunes alternatives

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.