Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove music from iPod Classic????

I've figured out how to add music using the horrible new Apple Music app on my MacBook Pro, but since there is no way to view the playlists ON the device, I can't just delete my Halloween playlist or delete specific songs from it. I sorted by genre and tried to select just the songs with the Halloween genre, but when I ask it to delete them, it never does.

I've tried re-syncing. I've unplugged and replugged in the iPod. I'm not a fan of the iPod touches, but it seems like Apple is saying "Stop using iPods - get another portable music device." Yes, my phone has music, but when I travel, I can't sleep on planes, which would completely kill my phone battery, which is not a good idea when you might need to place a call when you land. :-(

Please bring back the functionality of iTunes, so I can add and remove music as I want. I'm thinking the only way to remove music from the iPod Classic now is to do a factory reset and ADD the music I want back in. This is NOT a good solution to update music regularly.

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 5:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 6:17 PM

Select the iPod in Finder and tap the Manage Storage button. Syncing the device with selected playlists is a more efficient approach as changes to your selections will add or remove tracks from the device when you sync.

tt2

3 replies

How do I remove music from iPod Classic????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.