Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still existing apps cannot be updated because they are “gone”

so I’m trying to update a few games but every time i try it says the developer has removed the game. I can install other apps just fine, but the apps i already have im unable to update, and i cannot delete them because of important data that i can’t get rid of

Posted on May 21, 2021 3:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 1:08 AM

If the developer removed their app, there isn't anything anyone can do about that but the developer.

You can't delete them or you don't want to delete them? Two different things.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.4.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.5  HomePods, audioOS 14.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 1:08 AM in response to gggggg8

If the developer removed their app, there isn't anything anyone can do about that but the developer.

You can't delete them or you don't want to delete them? Two different things.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.3.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.4.1; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.5.1; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.5.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.5  HomePods, audioOS 14.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Still existing apps cannot be updated because they are “gone”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.