Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 camera and speaker not working since update

I have an iPhone 7, and since updating, my camera stopped working , so did my speaker!! I cannot make any calls, or send voice notes on WhatsApp!! Solve this ASAP!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on May 22, 2021 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2021 3:06 PM

I’m sorry, do you have an iPhone 7? Have you seen how other iPhone 7 users have complaints about this and nothing has been done? Instead they’re being asked to buy a new phone?? Have you actually research on this? Because I have. And for the past week I haven’t been able to find anything helpful to solve this. No one has, so please

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2021 3:06 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I’m sorry, do you have an iPhone 7? Have you seen how other iPhone 7 users have complaints about this and nothing has been done? Instead they’re being asked to buy a new phone?? Have you actually research on this? Because I have. And for the past week I haven’t been able to find anything helpful to solve this. No one has, so please

May 22, 2021 3:36 PM in response to onesimoceeyah

I had an iPhone 7 plus. I passed it down to a friend and they had the same issues that you are referring to. It is caused by solder connections coming loose on the logic board, usually with the Audio IC, sometimes also with the camera. Mine did not fail during an update. Some do because during the installation the update receives error codes while completing the update.

On mine she has 5 little boys so it did get dropped a few times. Your options are to do an out-of-warrant replacement of the iPhone through Apple (I wouldn't and didn't), trade the iPhone in on a new one at an Apple Store (that is what I did, they don't test for those failings) or find a reputable 3rd party repair shop that can do board level soldering and have the connections re-balled. I recently did this for a friend. If you take the latter route Apple may refuse service on your phone in the future but really, it is an iPhone 7 does that matter? Incidentally on the one I just took in and had fixed it did fail during an update but the logic board connections were clearly loose or broken.

iPhone 7 camera and speaker not working since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.