Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No search bar on Apple tv Web browser?

Hi, I feel like I must stupid or something, but where's the search bar on the appletv website on my computer. its fine on the app. But on my (non apple) laptop its no where and I can only watch what's on the page which is like 10 shows and a few movies. Also I cant play it through my chromecast cause the symbol doesn't come up. does anyone know how to fix this? please help me!!!!!!!!!!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 22, 2021 7:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2021 11:01 AM

It seems to me this was done intentionally so users have to scroll through ALL the available content to find what they are looking for. That way, users cannot simply go to the one show or movie they want… perhaps to drum up interest in other programs that haven’t been getting as much attention? SUPER annoying… I’ve been tempted to cancel my subscription on more than one occasion b/c of this. C’mon, Apple! We love you guys for the user friendliness you used to provide!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2021 11:01 AM in response to SandInMySOup

It seems to me this was done intentionally so users have to scroll through ALL the available content to find what they are looking for. That way, users cannot simply go to the one show or movie they want… perhaps to drum up interest in other programs that haven’t been getting as much attention? SUPER annoying… I’ve been tempted to cancel my subscription on more than one occasion b/c of this. C’mon, Apple! We love you guys for the user friendliness you used to provide!

Jul 25, 2021 11:21 PM in response to SandInMySOup

There is a way to play movies and shows that you know for certain are on apple tv+, simply search the name of the program on google chrome browser specifically. There should be a card that appears called "watch options". If you're logged in you should be able to just click through and watch. You can also type in the google search bar "apple tv show list" and google automatically will have a pop up labelled "what to watch, from there you can narrow your search.

No search bar on Apple tv Web browser?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.