Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i tap on the three dots from imessage when i want to edit the memoji, the keyboard is still there and i can’t see anything like the edit buttons, what should i do?

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on May 23, 2021 7:23 AM

5 replies

May 24, 2021 8:38 AM in response to maia175

Hi maia175,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We can definitely understand wanting to be able to edit your Memoji and we'd be happy to help. Since noticing this has the app been closed out and relaunched? If not, you can follow the steps here: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch.

If it continues, you can restart your iPhone as well: Restart your iPhone

We can see that iOS 14 is tagged in your post, be sure that it's the latest version (14.5.1) since not being up to date can cause unexpected behavior.

Hope that helps!

May 24, 2021 11:34 AM in response to maia175

maia175,

Does the same thing happen if you try to edit it from the Memoji Stickers instead? Did you try it from another thread or by composing a new message? Also, Apple just released iOS 14.6 so you can update to that to see if this continues to occur.

If you are still unable to edit it, you may want to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. Depending on your region, you may be able to reach out to them here: Get Support.

Take Care!

when i tap on the three dots from imessage when i want to edit the memoji, the keyboard is still there and i can’t see anything like the edit buttons, what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.