Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor quality camera for a Macbook Pro

I have the 2017 MacBook Pro and the camera is just bad quality. The images look grainy and this is both with Photo Booth and with FaceTime.

I'm wondering if this is because Apple services change my screen. Before that my camera was ok.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 23, 2021 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 11:21 AM

Hi Isabelluy,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that the images look grainy in Photo Booth and FaceTime and we would like to help! We recommend that you use the camera in a well-lit area. Please test your camera in a different environment to see if the images still look grainy. Let us know if this helps! 

Take care

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 11:21 AM in response to Isabelluy

Hi Isabelluy,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that the images look grainy in Photo Booth and FaceTime and we would like to help! We recommend that you use the camera in a well-lit area. Please test your camera in a different environment to see if the images still look grainy. Let us know if this helps! 

Take care

Poor quality camera for a Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.