Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot restore backup data from IPhone to a new model IPhone - password required during restoring from Mac to iPhone?

Already backup data from old iPhone to MAC Pro. Got a new model iPhone, while restoring saved from MAC PRO to new model iPhone, the process at MAC Pro asked for password.

Tried entering iCloud password even did not back old iPhone data to new model iPhone....this iCloud did not work. What Apple password should I use to decrypt those old iPhone data back up now inside MacPro to new model IPhone?

Thank You

Mui, Peter

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on May 24, 2021 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 9:09 AM

mui2023 wrote:

Already backup data from old iPhone to MAC Pro. Got a new model iPhone, while restoring saved from MAC PRO to new model iPhone, the process at MAC Pro asked for password.

Tried entering iCloud password even did not back old iPhone data to new model iPhone....this iCloud did not work. What Apple password should I use to decrypt those old iPhone data back up now inside MacPro to new model IPhone?

Thank You
Mui, Peter

It would be the whatever password you used to encrypt your itunes backup. Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2021 9:09 AM in response to mui2023

mui2023 wrote:

Thank You
Mui, Peter

It would be the whatever password you used to encrypt your itunes backup. Disable iOS backup encryption - Apple Community

Cannot restore backup data from IPhone to a new model IPhone - password required during restoring from Mac to iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.