You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change to dark mode on a numbers spreadsheet

Quick question, I'm trying to change a spreadsheet in Numbers to dark mode but I can't find where the dark mode settings are to change a particular spreadsheet. I have spreadsheets in dark and light mode already so I'm guessing it's possible to switch between modes, I just can't find where to do that. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 7:50 PM

Thanks SG, yeah I did find the setting in System Preferences>General>Appearance, it's currently set to dark mode. I've attached a screenshot below. I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking. The numbers interface is in dark mode in both cases but I was hoping to change the actual spreadsheets to the dark theme like the one on the left (I'm not sure how I managed to get that one to look dark while all new spreadsheets are bright).

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 24, 2021 7:50 PM in response to SGIII

Thanks SG, yeah I did find the setting in System Preferences>General>Appearance, it's currently set to dark mode. I've attached a screenshot below. I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking. The numbers interface is in dark mode in both cases but I was hoping to change the actual spreadsheets to the dark theme like the one on the left (I'm not sure how I managed to get that one to look dark while all new spreadsheets are bright).

May 24, 2021 7:16 PM in response to Baxx_Rockatansky

You can switch between light and dark modes at the MacOS level: System Preferences > General > Appearance.

However, I believe that affects all apps. If you choose Dark then all of your Numbers documents will then be displayed in Dark Mode. When you switch to Light they're all in Light.

Could you show a side-by-side screenshot showing one Numbers document in dark mode and one in light mode at the same time?

SG

how do i change to dark mode on a numbers spreadsheet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.