Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 13" (2017) kernel panic crashes

My MBP has been inconsistently crashing, sometimes it happens every few hours, sometimes it doesn't happen voor days. it mostly happens when the device is on standby it seems. I did a hardware diagnostics check that didn't indicate a problem. I reinstalled the OS just to be sure but it does not seem to have worked.

If anyone has any idea what the issue is, i would be grateful for the support

I'll include some of the crash reports and diagnostics report of Etrecheck.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 25, 2021 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 8:18 PM

Thanks for providing all those reports. It appears the panics have no real pattern and I don't see anything in the EtreCheck as a cause of concern. Just make sure to disconnect all external devices since a couple of the panics did reference USB in case one of the external devices is causing a problem. I think you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

Did you perform a clean install by first erasing the whole physical drive before installing macOS? And did you test it before migrating or restoring from a backup and before installing any third party apps? To erase the physical drive you need to click "View" within Disk Utility and selecting "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive appears on the left pane of Disk Utility.

FYI, here is the current list of the publicly acknowledged free repair programs for various Apple products (some products have multiple programs):

https://support.apple.com/service-programs

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 8:18 PM in response to Agolfhiller

Thanks for providing all those reports. It appears the panics have no real pattern and I don't see anything in the EtreCheck as a cause of concern. Just make sure to disconnect all external devices since a couple of the panics did reference USB in case one of the external devices is causing a problem. I think you will need to have Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider examine the laptop to provide you with a repair estimate.

Did you perform a clean install by first erasing the whole physical drive before installing macOS? And did you test it before migrating or restoring from a backup and before installing any third party apps? To erase the physical drive you need to click "View" within Disk Utility and selecting "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive appears on the left pane of Disk Utility.

FYI, here is the current list of the publicly acknowledged free repair programs for various Apple products (some products have multiple programs):

https://support.apple.com/service-programs

Macbook pro 13" (2017) kernel panic crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.