Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Outlook 2016 on Big Sur

Hi all.

I recently upgraded my Outlook client, after the upgrade I was still originally able to see a local folder called MyArchive, in which I ran a folder per year, for every years emails.

All under the On My Computer root folder, this entire tree of MyArchive have simply disappeared,

how where can I look for it and get outlook to display it again.

I DEF did not delete it. The New Outlook option is also disabled at the top right of the outlook window.

G

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 25, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 3:36 AM

georgelza Said:

"MS Outlook 2016 on Big Sur[...]: The MS community is not responding either. please assist."

-------

Perform a Chat Session with MS:

Chat with Microsoft about this. So, Go Here: Contact Us - Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

10 replies

May 30, 2021 10:06 AM in response to georgelza

Check the age of any Microsoft documents under Users -> yourname -> Documents folder and the size. If something looks off in the age or size, look for the database files found there, but elsewhere on the hard drive and see if copying the existing data folder to the desktop, and moving an old one works while Outlook is closed allows it to rebuild the right folder component.

EasyFind is a great utility for locating orphaned folders files on the hard drive

https://www.devontechnologies.com/apps/freeware

Jun 1, 2021 10:39 AM in response to a brody

... and you can still create folders on your local machine and copy/move emails locally... as I've done.

but at this point I'm moving all emails left in any folder out to a mbox and departing Outlook, the primary reason i started using a MAX 15yrs ago was because of loosing email due to Outlook, and 15yrs str, on a bloody MAC, why did I loose email Outlook again, and support is f'en no where, does not help trying to open a call with MS, it's a bloody joke.

G

MS Outlook 2016 on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.