You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft outlook folders

Apple have just updated Microsoft outlook on my Mac Book Pro 2022 and all of my mail folders and subfolders are missing from Outlook now. I must have subfolders to function as that where my mail files are organized for retrieval.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 16, 2023 10:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2023 2:07 PM

I discovered that when Outlook was updated it was in the "new look version". I changed it back to the traditional format and my folders appeared and were workable. I don't understand why this happened or why Microsoft or Apple would not have warned me. I really just stumbled on it when trying to action your advice. Thank you for your help.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2023 2:07 PM in response to TheLittles

I discovered that when Outlook was updated it was in the "new look version". I changed it back to the traditional format and my folders appeared and were workable. I don't understand why this happened or why Microsoft or Apple would not have warned me. I really just stumbled on it when trying to action your advice. Thank you for your help.

May 16, 2023 7:17 PM in response to Roy's iPad

Roy's iPad Said:

"microsoft outlook folders: Apple have just updated Microsoft outlook on my Mac Book Pro 2022 and all of my mail folders and subfolders are missing from Outlook now. I must have subfolders to function as that where my mail files are organized for retrieval."

-------

Troubleshooting MS Outlook Folders:

A. Reset the Mail Index:

You may need to reset the Mail index. This will fix any search issues and bugs.

B. Contact Microsoft:

They are the developer of the software. Start Here:  Microsoft Contact Us Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support. Perform a chat session with Microsoft using a computer, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

May 16, 2023 7:01 PM in response to Roy's iPad

By "keeper" emails, I presume you mean emails you pulled off of the mail server and put into new folders that are saved on the local drive.

I did that going from Outlook to Mail when I stopped paying for Office 365. But now that Outlook is free, I went back to that (I truly hate how attachments are handled in Mail).

Because I'm essentially being lazy, I've left my local drive saved emails in Mail. When I get a chance, I'll see if it's much work to move them out of Mail to Outlook.

microsoft outlook folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.