Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:Q:Recognizing phone number with and without international prefix

The existing thread (with same title) is old and yet all answers DO NOT provide a solution.

Hello Apple support, anyone at home ?

Surely apple can provide its customers with an endorsed solution from their tech department...shared on a thread.

This issue of iOS separating internationally formatted numbers vs those who have no int. prefix means that when sms is received, the name is unknown and just shows the number itself.

infuriating...

Posted on May 25, 2021 4:10 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2021 4:39 PM in response to freddoz

Like just about every large company Apple has both formal technical support and an area where users can discuss technical issues with other users. And, like all of those other companies, Apple does not participate in any significant way in the user-to-user discussions, as that might inhibit the free flow of ideas. The formal name of this area is Apple Support Communities. The “Communities” should be a giveaway that this isn’t a formal support site. And if that doesn’t, the site itself is https://discussions.apple.com. The “discussions” is another giveaway.

Apple’s formal support can be reached several ways:

Note that both of the above have options to receive a callback or chat

May 25, 2021 4:12 PM in response to freddoz

Go to Settings/Phone and turn on

freddoz wrote:

The existing thread (with same title) is old and yet all answers DO NOT provide a solution.

Hello Apple support, anyone at home ?

No, not here. This is a USER-TO-USER technical support forum. No one from Apple is here in this forum. If you want to talk to Apple use the Get Support link at the top of this page.

urely apple can provide its customers with an endorsed solution from their tech department...shared on a thread.

This issue of iOS separating internationally formatted numbers vs those who have no int. prefix means that when sms is received, the name is unknown and just shows the number itself.

You could go to Settings/Phone and turn on turn on Dial Assist.

May 25, 2021 4:36 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I didn’t realise that Apple support ignore the support community altogether. Seems like valuable product development learning could be had if they did monitor it.

Response to your feedback:

Dial Assist is always on.

Apple support in store and online haven’t helped resolved the issue either.

...and with nearly 4,000 contacts, it’s a huge and unnecessary task to update all.

May 25, 2021 4:38 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I didn’t realise that Apple support ignore the support community altogether. Seems like valuable product development learning could be had if they did monitor it.

Response to your feedback:

Dial Assist is always on.

Apple support in store and online haven’t helped resolved the issue either.

...and with nearly 4,000 contacts, it’s a huge and unnecessary task to update all.

And I didn’t mean to hit “Resolved” I meant to hit “Reply” - now I can’t uncheck resolved.

Question:Q:Recognizing phone number with and without international prefix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.