Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The telephone number on my iPad and iPhone are different. I want them the same. I don’t recognize the number on my iPad. How can I correct the number?

The telephone number on my iPad and iPhone are different. I want them the same. I don’t recognize the number on my iPad. How can I correct the number?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 8:20 AM

If you don't recognize the trusted phone number on your iPad, first make sure that your account is Safe by following the instructions in this link If you think your Apple ID has been compromised – Apple Support (UK)

After that, you can follow these instructions to remove the telephone number

Update your trusted phone number on your Apple ID account page

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click  next to the phone number you want to remove.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 8:20 AM in response to Cdebishop

If you don't recognize the trusted phone number on your iPad, first make sure that your account is Safe by following the instructions in this link If you think your Apple ID has been compromised – Apple Support (UK)

After that, you can follow these instructions to remove the telephone number

Update your trusted phone number on your Apple ID account page

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.

If you want to add a phone number, click Add a Trusted Phone Number and enter the phone number. Choose to verify the number with a text message or automated phone call, and click Continue. To remove a trusted phone number, click  next to the phone number you want to remove.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.