Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In 2021, does Logic Pro have a feature like "Consolidate Clip" in Pro Tools?

I've spent a lot of time searching the web for the answer, and everything I've found is several years old.

Does Logic Pro 10.6 have a feature like "Consolidate Clip" in Pro Tools, which can create silence in parts of a time selection before and after audio regions?

The first image below shows a time selection in PT which includes three audio clips and areas of the track before and after the clips.

The second image shows the results of the "Consolidate Clip" command. The new audio clip is the entire length between the white boxes in the first image. In other words, Pro Tools has added silence before and after the selected audio regions. (Digital Performer has a similar ability.)

From what I can tell, neither "Join Clips" nor "Bounce Region In Place" can do this in Logic Pro - correct?

The only solution is to create a small piece of audio at the locations where you want the joined regions to begin and end (which would be a deal-breaker for me).

Am I missing something, and if so, what?

Thanks!

Posted on May 25, 2021 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 12:56 PM

Solution:

The key is to use the Marquee tool to select the region.

Then "Bounce regions in place..." will add silence in the areas before and after the clips.

Similar questions

1 reply

In 2021, does Logic Pro have a feature like "Consolidate Clip" in Pro Tools?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.