Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

True Tone - Face iD

True Tone is missing after update and my Face ID is not working.. I do all the checks to fix it and nothing is working only if i conect my phone with a pc and install older version they say me maybe it will be fix..i don’t have do that yet..just waiting for any updates to fix this issue…

Posted on May 25, 2021 10:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:46 AM

I am saying after update i have that issue.. never brake the screen.. never change it…

” care for your phone to keep still staying a live”

new update it’s releasing and still don’t fix…

I thing is that update.. u can unlock your phone from Apple Watch with mask wear.. and after that update i have read lot of many others have same problem like me..

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 10:46 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

I am saying after update i have that issue.. never brake the screen.. never change it…

” care for your phone to keep still staying a live”

new update it’s releasing and still don’t fix…

I thing is that update.. u can unlock your phone from Apple Watch with mask wear.. and after that update i have read lot of many others have same problem like me..

May 26, 2021 4:57 PM in response to PanosEnrik

Hi PanosEnrik,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand your Face ID is not working and you're missing True Tone after the update, and we'd like to assist. Just to confirm, you have iOS version 14.6, correct? If not, we recommend updating to the very latest version.

Have you restarted your iPhone since this issue began, and then tried setting up Face ID again? If the issue continues after doing that, then you may have a hardware issue where you'll want to have a technician properly evaluate your iPhone.

The True Tone issue may be related to a hardware issue as well. You may consider backing up your phone and then restoring to factory settings to see if the issue persists. Essentially, you would want to set the device up as new and test the issue before restoring your backup. If the issue remains with factory settings, then it's likely a hardware issue that would require service.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Take care.

True Tone - Face iD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.