Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Heart Rate Monitor (Series 4)

My apple watch is causing me some unneeded anxiety lately. I started exercising at the beginning of March and have loved being able to track my progress using my watch and getting to see heart rate recovery and stuff like that. However for some reason I woke up one morning and decided to see what my resting heart rate was during sleep and I’ve noticed a strange pattern. Around 3 o’clock in the morning on most days my heart rate will spike from around 45 to 100-125bpm and hover there for about 15 minutes. The other strange thing is that when this happens the watch also has some gaps in it’s heart rate recordings. I’ve noticed before that if the watch isn’t seated almost perfectly it would have elevated HR readings, but I’ve tried to duplicate some of the ways the watch may be nudged while I’m sleeping by running the Heart Rate app and then wiggling the watch and holding it in non-optimal positions and it doesn’t seem to cause any disturbance to the watches ability to read my pulse correctly.

Has anyone else had these issues with their apple watch? (I’m using a series 4).

Posted on May 26, 2021 10:12 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 29, 2021 6:35 AM in response to Morningstar_1

Haven'nt seen anything like that myself, but I would suggest trying some of the third party sleeping apps as well, such as Pillow, Sleep, Sleep Watch, just to mention a few. They are able to give you deeper analysis of your deep sleep, REM, etc.

Perhaps also consulting with your doctor might be a reasonable caution. There are more sensitive and reliable heart rate sensors worn over the chest that you could perhaps try on too for instance.

Apple Watch Heart Rate Monitor (Series 4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.