Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi seems to work, does not connect to internet

Got my new M1 MacBook Pro. Transferred everything from my old iMac. WIFI works, but "you are not connected to the Internet" - how do I make my MacBook Pro connect to the internet thru WIFI?

Posted on May 26, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 5:23 PM

Here's what worked. The WIFI installation apparently was flawed. In the "Network" portion of System Preferences, needed to delete the WIFI item on the left menu (use the - sign below), then add a new WIFI with the +. Voila. Got rid of the old, added the new, and whatever settings were incorrect are gone and new ones, corrected, are in place. Many thanks to Apple telephone support from "Israel" in Florida.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 5:23 PM in response to scidoog

Here's what worked. The WIFI installation apparently was flawed. In the "Network" portion of System Preferences, needed to delete the WIFI item on the left menu (use the - sign below), then add a new WIFI with the +. Voila. Got rid of the old, added the new, and whatever settings were incorrect are gone and new ones, corrected, are in place. Many thanks to Apple telephone support from "Israel" in Florida.

wifi seems to work, does not connect to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.