Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skitch issue after Big Sur 11.4 update

Understand that updates my not play well with existing apps but I have been using Skitch through many updates and this is a first.

Update to 11.4 and any menu selection is unusable. Whether it be crosshairs or full screen, the app only returns the screen background. Obviuosly this makes the app useless.

I only hope that someone more connected has the same issue and has or can communicate it better than I back to Skitch.

Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 26, 2021 11:44 AM

9 replies

May 26, 2021 1:52 PM in response to wacoed

Boot into Safe Mode according to Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support and see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and check again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 10 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

May 26, 2021 11:53 AM in response to wacoed

I'm using Skitch (version 2.9) with Big Sur 11.4 with no issues.

After the 11.4 update, the first time I ran Skitch it did ask me to grant access in Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy (at the top of the Preferences window) > Screen Recording (in the left sidebar of the Preferences window)..

If it does not have that access granted, the screenshots taken will be blank.

Skitch issue after Big Sur 11.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.