Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePods not working on stereo mode when selected as Audio Output on new Apple TV 4K

I have restarted them and simply gave up after trying for hours. The only time I can get stereo is if I don’t use the Audio output to my stereo-paired HomePods but to the TV speakers and instead I then AirPlay it to the HomePods from the control centre. Is there a solution for it where I can actually enjoy the output to my two speaker for Dolby Atmos and all that jazz?

Apple TV, tvOS 14

Posted on May 26, 2021 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 5:48 PM

Actually I just managed to fix it. Essentially I just factory reset the one HomePod that wasn’t connecting. Upon setting it up on stereo mode I was asked immediately if I wanted my HomePods to be used as the Audio Output for my Apple TV and I said yes. Then voila!

What’s funny is that before, as soon as I selected my stereo paired HomePods as the main output, even Siri wouldn’t want to play anything on stereo but would default back to only the one that was working alone. I’d then have to deselect the audio output on the Apple TV to the internal tv speakers in order for my HomePods to play back in stereo mode.

That’s it, I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Thanks again for the support ✌🏼

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 5:48 PM in response to Taddein

Actually I just managed to fix it. Essentially I just factory reset the one HomePod that wasn’t connecting. Upon setting it up on stereo mode I was asked immediately if I wanted my HomePods to be used as the Audio Output for my Apple TV and I said yes. Then voila!

What’s funny is that before, as soon as I selected my stereo paired HomePods as the main output, even Siri wouldn’t want to play anything on stereo but would default back to only the one that was working alone. I’d then have to deselect the audio output on the Apple TV to the internal tv speakers in order for my HomePods to play back in stereo mode.

That’s it, I hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Thanks again for the support ✌🏼

HomePods not working on stereo mode when selected as Audio Output on new Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.