Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share Recently Use Via Email Option Not There

When viewing a photo or web page there is a share button. It then prompts with how to share (e.g. Txt, Email, AirDrop). The first line of options is recently used. The below photos shows another iPhone 11 with a recently use email to contact option (see red arrow in screenshot).

My iPhoneX (v14.4.2) doesn't have this option, only email button on the second row shows with the black diagonal line through it in the above photo.

I've successfully sent emails to others but they never appear as recently used on the first line. Any ideas besides doing a full reset? I have no current corporate mail profiles. My default mail account a Gmail account which is the same as the working iPhone 11.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:17 AM

That is just something that pops up for convenience and does not change the way the device works. You can use the mail option (black line through) just fine. If you use that enough for one person, it might pop up like the one with the red arrow.

2 replies

Share Recently Use Via Email Option Not There

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.