Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove mail alias name on iphone

Used 3 email accounts for years: Main Apple Account, Friend Email, & Business Email. Removed my Friend Email (after having all new forwarded to Main Apple). I then added an email alias to my Main Apple Account, but I then began noticing a problem with sending servers. Since this only happened after adding an alias, I got rid of all my server info, removed the email alias and things were as they were.. I am back to using my Main Apple Account email all the time. However, when I create a mail message or share an item on any of my iOS devices, the 'from' area on emails still shows my alias name. This ONLY happens on iphone/iPad. I can't find any way to stop that from happening. What am I missing?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Jan 5, 2022 3:59 AM

3 replies

Jan 5, 2022 5:07 AM in response to DJMc

I’m not entirely sure that I understand the nature of your problem, or what you’re trying to achieve - but I’ll make an educated guess…

When composing a new mail, you may be seeing an a suggested (recent) email address that corresponds with an email address that you no longer use - and would like to remove this from the list of suggested recipient email addresses?

Next to the suggested email address, you may find a blue “i” icon. Tap the icon to show an options menu:

From the list of options, tap the Remove From Recents option, highlighted in red text:

If you have a different problem, you’ll need to provide more explanation - perhaps with a screenshot or two, as a picture can sometimes convey a problem that words alone can be difficult be difficult to articulate.

Jan 5, 2022 6:10 AM in response to LotusPilot

LotusPilot,

When I create an email in IOS, the suggested info comes from my Contacts. That is not the problem I am facing. It is the Cc/Bcc, From section of the email. What shows as a default is the alias address I created. I am able to choose another address, but I want that alias (which I no longer use & have removed it from my mail app on my iMac) to go away. I have chosen my full Apple Account email address as my default. I am sure there is a location in IOS settings that will fix this, but I can't find it.

How to remove mail alias name on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.