Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MBP 13,2 does not recognize my new iPhone 12 Pro after upgrading from iphone 6S

My MBP 13,2 with Big 11.2.3 does not recognize my new iPhone 12 Pro after upgrading from my old iPhone 6s. I transferred all my data following the startup procedure of the new phone buy transferring everything wirelessly.

When I plug it in, it initially recognizes the new phone as the old one, but then the message "The selected device could not be found".

Can you help me?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 27, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 1:13 PM

Hey there fede_h,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that you're having an issue with your MacBook Pro seeing your new iPhone.

There is an update available to Big Sur which is macOS 11.4. Making sure your MacBook Pro, and your iPhone is updated can ensure there aren't any issues seeing your iPhone in the system.

Are you using Finder to view your iPhone on your Mac? If so, click on the Apple () logo > About This Mac > and click on System Report on the Overview tab. Are you able to see your iPhone 12 Pro in the USB tab as described in our article here? If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back.

Have a great day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 1:13 PM in response to fede_h

Hey there fede_h,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

It appears that you're having an issue with your MacBook Pro seeing your new iPhone.

There is an update available to Big Sur which is macOS 11.4. Making sure your MacBook Pro, and your iPhone is updated can ensure there aren't any issues seeing your iPhone in the system.

Are you using Finder to view your iPhone on your Mac? If so, click on the Apple () logo > About This Mac > and click on System Report on the Overview tab. Are you able to see your iPhone 12 Pro in the USB tab as described in our article here? If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back.

Have a great day!

My MBP 13,2 does not recognize my new iPhone 12 Pro after upgrading from iphone 6S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.