Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac intermittent shutdown

Hey all,

I am facing an intermittent shutdown issue after the fresh install of Catalina v 10.15.7. Please can you all help with how I can diagnose this.

After doing a little digging I was able to pull this from the Mac Analytics tab in the console. This was the same tab when the computer turned off.

com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.crash_reporter.bear_trap

com.apple.message.__source__: SPI

com.apple.message.details: Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-67818 "“Diagnostics and Usage Config Signing” certificate is expired" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=“Diagnostics and Usage Config Signing” certificate is expired, NSUnderlyingError=0x7ff798f26da0 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-67818 "Certificate 0 “Diagnostics and Usage Config Signing” has errors: Certificate is not temporally valid;" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Certificate 0 “Diagnostics and Usage Config Signing” has errors: Certificate is not temporally valid;}}}

com.apple.message.summary: ConfigFile ACF signature verification failed

SenderMachUUID: 87E57387-1133-3712-9A44-60B2CA429A1F

Please let me know if you all need any more information

MacBook Air

Posted on May 27, 2021 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 2:13 AM

The immediate thing am seeing is " Signing” certificate is expired" . Is the media of Catalina an older on-hand copy that may be from from time ago?

Suggest  How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Other may not work

Then Create a Bootable installer and try again

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 2:13 AM in response to mohitkaduskar

The immediate thing am seeing is " Signing” certificate is expired" . Is the media of Catalina an older on-hand copy that may be from from time ago?

Suggest  How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Other may not work

Then Create a Bootable installer and try again

Mac intermittent shutdown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.