Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is this webloc file type, and how do I never see it or encounter it again?

I drug pictures from Photos to a finder window. Now I have a bunch of files with looking like

photos.google.com/.webloc

and this is a PAIN. I wanted jpg files in my folder. How do I stop this behavior? Or how do I drag a picture from google Photos to the finder and end up with a jpg?

Thanks. What a hassle.

Posted on May 27, 2021 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 1:42 PM

I don't thing you can drag pictures from a webpage to a folder, and expect to get any sort of quality at all. You are certainly not downloading a full quality file from google photos by doing that.

This forum is for support with the apple photos app. You are not likely to find experts in google photos here. I suggest you find a forum where google photos is the topic, and ask there how to download your images from google photos.

As a tip from someone who is definately not an expert (i don't use google, but have in the past uploaded some pics there to try it)

You need to select the images you want to download using the check box at the top left of each thumbnail - then in the "three dots" menu top right, you have a download option.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 1:42 PM in response to river251

I don't thing you can drag pictures from a webpage to a folder, and expect to get any sort of quality at all. You are certainly not downloading a full quality file from google photos by doing that.

This forum is for support with the apple photos app. You are not likely to find experts in google photos here. I suggest you find a forum where google photos is the topic, and ask there how to download your images from google photos.

As a tip from someone who is definately not an expert (i don't use google, but have in the past uploaded some pics there to try it)

You need to select the images you want to download using the check box at the top left of each thumbnail - then in the "three dots" menu top right, you have a download option.

What is this webloc file type, and how do I never see it or encounter it again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.